Head of Editorial
Distillery, award winning content distilled through creativity, evidence and insight.
Distillery’s mission is to create incredible online content for brands, distilled through our blend of creativity, evidence and insight. Our clients are across the spectrum from global tech brands, including Google, Microsoft, Amazon and Youtube through to charities such as the United Nations and start ups. We love what we do, and we love who we do it with. Our clients come back to us time and time again because we care, and we always deliver.
With our HQ in London and offices in Singapore and San Francisco, our days are fast-paced and exciting, while our vibe is super comfortable, creative and collaborative. We take care of our people and we are always looking for opportunities for growth. Leadership priorities are simplicity, transparency, and humanity.
We are looking for a Head of Editorial with a background in B2B writing (ideally for tech brands) to lead our team of talented in-house writers. Our clients love our ability to translate complex technical concepts into relatable long form copy. The role will manage quality control and oversee written output, ensuring copy meets client brand guidelines.
In this key client facing role, you will manage our writing team’s output and oversee and quality-check written output from our talented freelance writers.
You will be commercially aware and be able to help make our team not only produce brilliant work, but also help us to be more commercially astute.
● Build great relationships with clients, interrogating and interpreting briefs to execute B2B long form copy
● Work with the senior team to deliver pitches and new business proposals ● Raise the bar on our written output, ensuring the team continue to produce
exceptional copy that meet client objectives and align to brand guidelines ● Ensure all work is error free and proofread ● Ensure all work is filed and easily accessible as archives when required whilst
continuing to develop templates and guidelines and specification documents – to drive efficiencies
● Provide creative feedback to distillery’s wider pool of writers ● Oversee hiring and onboarding of new writing talent
● Effectively delegate to direct reports and monitor, guide and edit copy as required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
● Extensive B2B writing experience for tech brands ● Understand and translate complex brand guidelines into relatable copy ● Building and managing productive and engaged teams ● Demonstrate a deep understanding of tone of voice and the ability to generate
engaging copy with a keen eye for detail and consistency ● Obsessed with detail and quality control ● Experience pitching and building credible relationships with clients
REPORTING ● Reports to the MD
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
● Competitive salary ● 22 days holiday ● Health Insurance ● Cycle to Work Scheme ● The opportunity to work with global tech brands - Google, Microsoft, Amazon and
Youtube ● A collaborative, fun working environment with a great team (if we do say so